Real Cash

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fantasia gay marriage

The American Idol champ has stirred controversy after posting what appeared to be an anti-gay-marriage rant on her Instagram account.

According to E! News, Barrino said, “I Rise ABOVE IT ALL!!! THE WORLD IS GONE MAD. KIDS, THE GOVERNMENT THE church House… Everybody Trying!!!!!!!” she posted on Instagram. “It’s a lot that going on that the Bible speaks about we should Not be doing. Weed legal in some places, Gay Marriage Legal BUT YET IM JUDGED!!! I’m not doing Nothing for you… My Life!!!!”

However, soon after her comments were reposted and began drawing criticism, Farrino issued a statement explaining that her comments were misrepresented and that acknowledged her large LGBT fan base. "It has been brought to my attention that something I said was taken out of context," the Grammy winner said in a statement obtained by E! Online. "I, Fantasia Monique Barrino, don't judge anyone because I don't want to be judged. The gay community is one of my largest supporters. I support the gay community as they support me. Bloggers please stop misrepresenting the facts."


This “American Idol” winner may be frustrated with what she says were words taken out of context, but it seems the controversy links back to the blog Good As You which posted a screen shot of Fantasia's gay marriage and marijuana rant. It seems it has been quoted accurately, even if Barrino doesn't like the blowback and message it seemed to deliver. What do you think of this one? Has Fantasia Barrino been unfairly criticized in the decisions she's made in her life? Were her comments unfairly judged?

No comments:

Post a Comment