Real Cash

Saturday, March 2, 2013

About Cancer

In the same year, 1987, was last year, my youngest son to school - the year of the celebration and has now been upstaged. Surgery to remove my breasts in our small town hospital are held in March. Eric came to visit and nearly fainted. I do not know what part of me in the hospital bed caused her reaction. I saw her white face again, and begin to roll his eyes. I felt sad that caused him discomfort.
The surgeon explained that the malicious node has been enclosed in a cyst that is taking it easy. He said he was sure that after the removal of the breast does not need additional treatment. E 'was very good news. With five weeks of my 6 weeks left of work, I studied each other, the amount of books on the shelves, beds, and I knew it would be my luck. My work as a consultant for primary school waiting.

The house at the end of the week, the head, I felt a sharp pain, but it is optimistic to return to the knowledge that once healed, I could work. Life is normal. The next week, my son asked me if he could come home from college for a while. Kissing disease "mononucleosis" He grew up with a diagnosis. "On a sofa, and I the other. We had a kiss!

A few days later, I received a call from my doctor told me that I refer to another doctor in the practice - the management of the patient with cancer. Why? I healed and the surgeon said, "what is." My new doctor said that the nature of the tumor was removed from my mother and aggressive recommends 6 months of chemotherapy. He said he had drugs and pills daily IV every two weeks. When he told me. The IDU, on Friday, I would sleep for two days and be ready for work on Monday In my innocence, I believed and took the position that I continue to work to prove that I was tough. Ultimately would reduce fallacy because my strength.


Caught in the "treatment plan" I am a dining table a puzzle Sat Erich, my youngest son and asked him to accompany me. Through my tears, I told him of the decision of chemotherapy and assured him that I was not dying of cancer. It brought a smile to his face when he quipped: "Probably hit by a car on the road of chemotherapy last»

In June, I saw my youngest son graduated from high school. The wig she wore was a constant reminder of cancer, and it makes your head warm. My feelings of pride and fear. July was the month chosen Erich University published a "weekend parents." I was there, but do not ask me the details. The fog had resumed chemotherapy.

The first week of September came and my husband and I took our son in the bedroom. Awkwardly asked if we wanted to make the bed or unpack boxes and suitcases. A short pause, she said it was time to go. Tears cascading down her cheeks as we left. I live to complete it by the university? I follow him to stop the cancer in the new world?

September was a month of great conflict. I had two remaining infusions. The daily dose of pills continued. Since March expected impact of chemotherapeutic agents with less time, but I was wrong. Each day, which leads to another weakness.

My work as a consultant for the school was taken from me and I thought back to work would elevate my mind and helps me focus events outside of my body. However, after lunch, I found myself tired to the point that they must lie. The floor of my office was the only option - with the door closed. I felt guilty, like I was betraying children and teachers. My vision blurred my pills after lunch and was no longer a safe visit driver or driving home at the end of the day.

Wednesday I stayed home to rest - the body is. My mind was full of anomalous energy that made me anxious, inadequate, guilty, angry, nervous and depressed. There is no replacement for my position when I was at home when the backlog. I had left my body. Weakness in the legs, eyes, blurred vision, hearing loss and the latest developments in class discussions well below my level. I finished the school year, but he was not satisfied.

Over the years, I have been asked how I respond to another fight cancer. This has not happened for 26 years, and although retired, are the decisions I on the basis of past experience:

1.    The rest is needed, no need to feel guilty.
2.    Alternative therapies with the medical community, are useful.
3.   Others offer to help. I accepted his help and clear on my needs.
4.   Cancer not appear suddenly isolated. Enters the life and needs         


 attention.I do things and my regular activities such as energy permits. 5.   It is important to prioritize.
6.   Doctors do not know everything.


It's not just cancer. Cancer and its treatment abruptly thrust into a life already filled. Relationships and daily activities caused chaos, and there is a large amount of memory available for the disease. Cancer needs to be recognized and registered, and I'm the one who should be the attention they need to be given.

No comments:

Post a Comment